Mel,
I have a document on my hard drive called “God Comes Through.”
It’s 44 pages. Grows longer every year.
It’s my chronicle of cool synchronicities, harrowing circumstances and miraculous interventions.
One year we had wrongly calculated our tax liability. SURPRISE – suddenly we needed $40,000 to pay the IRS. The money was due immediately. Had no easy means to pay it.
After church service, I went to the prayer person at the front. The person prayed for money to show up.
Two days later, my marketing manager Jack emails me:
“Hey Perry I found forty thousand dollars under your couch cushions. An email address had been changed somewhere and ClickBank couldn’t send you updates or payments. Your balance is $40K.”
We transferred the $40K and paid the IRS.
Another crazy story:
Two years ago we had a Roundtable meeting in San Diego. First meeting of the year. We had a brand new member named Ted who was 84.
His business partner came to dinner. During dessert I asked:
“Hey, where’s Ted?”
“Ted is in his hotel room. He has severe back pain today. Barely made it here. He’s doubled over, can hardly stand up. I don’t think he can come to the meeting tomorrow. Is there anything you can do?”
It was 8:30 at night. Where are you gonna find a chiropractor at 8:30PM on a Tuesday?
I did try. I asked around, found the phone number for everyone I knew in San Diego, texted half a dozen people. Collected a few names. Every single phone call landed me in a voice mail box of some office that *might* be open at 10am tomorrow.
The only thing I could think of to do was pray for him myself. I asked his partner if we could go see Ted.
We rode the elevator up to his room.
This made me EXTREMELY uncomfortable.
Why?
Well... I do know a number of people who literally have gifts of healing. They do this sort of thing. It’s a click on their dial. I’ve got a lot of books with stories about such things.
But it doesn’t feel like a click on MY dial. I’m not practiced at it.
Yet I had to admit, in a few tight spots, it HAD worked a couple of times. And I had zero options.
We knock on Ted’s door.
It took 2 minutes for Ted, doubled over in anguish and unable to stand upright, to shuffle over to the door and open it.
We go in.
I had zero idea whether Ted has a religious bone in his body. I was nervous he might be offended.
“Um, Ted, is it OK if I pray for you?”
“YES! Absolutely.” Wasn’t offended in the slightest.
“Is it OK if I put my hands on your back?”
“YES! Absolutely!”
I did what I had learned from Jeremy Flanagan (the same Jeremy that worked at PSMA for 20+ years). I was with him once in India and he just prayer-warriored over two women for about 40 minutes until their symptoms went away.
(Which is a story for a different day.)
I start, and Ted says, “I can feel heat coming from your hands. My spine is starting to feel better.”
I kept going for about 20 minutes, and by the end Ted was all aglow. Standing up straight, bending his waist, waving his hands in the air, with a huge grin on his face.
The next morning he came to the meeting jubilant. He was telling everyone about it.
I was bewildered. I didn’t really think that was going to work. But backed into a corner... wow, looks like it did.
I don’t know if this sounds cliche or not, but... It wasn’t me. I was just the willing conduit.
Q: What IS a miracle anyway?
Is it $40K mysteriously appearing when you need it?
Is it me doing the job of a chiropractor, without cracking Ted’s back?
Is it a window suddenly opening after you’ve been pounding on some door that wouldn’t budge?
The reason I have a “God Comes Through” document is:
I think such things are written on invisible ink in our minds. If you don’t ACTIVELY remember them, you forget them.
If you don’t write them down, they disappear.
I’ve noticed that people have a funny tendency NOT to document miraculous events.
I suggest you make your own “God Comes Through” document. I bet you’ve got more stories than you think you’ve got. It only takes one to start.
WRITE ‘EM DOWN. That one story, just because you choose to remember it, becomes an ATTRACTOR.
Perry
No comments:
Post a Comment