Mel,
For the last three months, I’ve had a couple dozen dreams sort of like these two:
I dreamed I was on a long bus trip. Down on the bus floor I found discarded USB sticks and computer parts. There was a very important cassette tape being used to record sound going on around us.
I wanted to check if it was recording ok. It was running inside the mouth of a cat who got irritated when I pushed the eject / stop button.
But it only had a fast forward button and no rewind button so I put it back in, closed the cat's mouth and kept the tape moving forward.
In another dream...
I left my house barefoot and walked across a large parking lot with dilapidated crumbling ruins of a building with construction fences around it.
At one angle, the evening sun shining through the ruins was especially striking so I tried to get out my camera and backtrack and capture it.
But I could never capture the light that way again.
Over and over, dreams about...
-remembering
-capturing
-archiving
-preserving
-recovering
Yet at the same time, the *containers* are
-transforming
-transferring
-morphing
-shifting
-adapting
The message seems to be:
“Something important has outlived its original home and needs to be preserved.”
“Something beautiful is now visible because the old structure can no longer block the light."
These dreams are speaking to me about my #1 priority for 2026, The Metamorphosis.
Gathering together 25 years of discovery and re-birthing into a brand new context.
The whole earth is in labor right now. It is a weird time. Nothing is ‘normal.’ Nor is it going to be. It’s Kairos time – a change of seasons.
I’ve been here before. This is not my first time.
There is a culture to be preserved and re-energized.
A long-forgotten detail about the 100 or so people who literally invented what we know today as Internet Marketing, circa 2002-2006.
Most of us paid extremely careful attention to the Old Masters. E. Haldeman Julius. Claude Hopkins. Robert Collier. Eugene Schwartz.
We knew: there is nothing new under the sun.
We knew: history rhymes.
Those who pay it careful attention get to skip the bad parts.
I love the saying in the book of Revelation: “Behold, I make all things new.”
It didn’t say “Behold, I make all new things.”
The old becomes new. It is restored. Reborn.
Sleep with one eye open. And seize the day.
Perry Marshall
No comments:
Post a Comment